Bill Robinson design, built in 1987
18 Holes | Par 70/72 | 6,152 Yards
Rating: 70.9 | Slope: 123
The Golf Course
- Satellite Bar and Grille, open year-round (hours may vary depending on season)
- Year-round Events: weddings, tournaments, meetings, banquets
- GBC Golf Academy including driving range and short game area
Local Rules (Golf Canada govern all play)
- Power Poles #7 - If any ball strikes any part of a power pole or wires the shot MUST be replayed (without penalty).
- Animal Tracks in Bunkers - Should the ball lie in an animal or bird track (e.g. deer or goose track) in bunker, the ball may be lifted, the sand raked and the ball placed as near as possible to its original position with no penalty given. (Before moving your ball, your playing competitor(s) must agree that you are entitled to relief.) When a ball comes to rest on goose droppings, it may be removed with a club head, no nearer to the hole without penalty.
- Stones in Bunkers - Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies).
- Free Relief - May be taken through the green from roads, cart paths, staked trees, aeration plugs, irrigation systems, sewer plates, ground under repair, yardage markers, steps and wooden or stone retaining walls (excluding boundary walls and fences.) Drop within one club length from the nearest point of relief, but no nearer the hole. Note: Staked trees are those young tress actually supported by stakes and/or ropes. (Not included are trees surrounded by wire mesh, although there is free relief from the mesh itself.)
- Garden in front of #2 green, and between holes #5 & #6 - These gardens are designated “ground under repair”. Play from these areas is prohibited. If there is reasonable evidence to indicate that the ball is in these areas, the ball or a substitute ball must be dropped with no penalty within one club length of the point at which the ball entered the area. Note: The ball need not be found if there is reasonable evidence that it is within the areas so designated (Rule 25-1c).
- Embedded Ball - A ball embedded in its own pitch mark in the ground anywhere through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to its original location, not nearer the hole without penalty.
- Aeration Holes -if a ball comes to rest in an aeration hole:
- (a) Through the green - The player may, without penalty, lift clean and drop the ball as near as possible to where it originally lay not nearer the hole. Should the ball drop back in the same condition it may be placed.
- (b) On the green - The ball may be lifted, cleaned, and placed not nearer the hole.
- Winter rules - Winter rules are in effect only when posted. A ball may be marked, lifted, cleaned and placed within 6 inches not nearer the hole (anywhere through the green) In the bunker – Ball may be lifted, bunker raked and ball replaced.
- Ditches along right side of holes #10 & #11 - The portions of these ditches that are NOT out of bounds are not considered drainage ditches and therefore NOT played as immovable obstructions. The ball must be played as it lies unless proceeding under rule 28 (ball unplayable, with a one stroke penalty). Note: Should abnormal ground condition such as casual water exists in these areas, relief under rule 25 may be taken.
- Boundary/Out of bounds fences on right side of holes #1 & #17 - A ball is deemed to be in bounds unless it is completely through the wire fence.
- Ball accidentally moved on the putting green:
- Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows: When a player’s ball lies on the putting green there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
- NOTE: THROUGH THE GREEN means all areas of the course except the teeing area, the green on the hole being played and all hazards on the course.
- DROP ZONE WATER HAZARD #17 – Drop ball within 3 club lengths of sign.
- POWER LINES #2 – Same as for #7.
- To keep golf at Arbutus Ridge a pleasurable experience for all we ask you to please follow these rules:
- Please replace divots, repair ball marks on greens and rake sand traps.
- Pull carts and power carts are not permitted on tees or beyond lines marked in front of greens. All traffic in and around greens should follow cart paths or other designated routes.
- Proper golf attire should be worn at all times.
- Please try to keep up to the group ahead of you. Slower players must allow faster players to play through.